So when I try running bundle install --without production it tells me that I am getting an error and that I need to Make sure that gem install unf_ext -v 0.0.7.2 succeeds before bundling. I have not gotten this error before while installing other gems, but only when I try and install gem stripe(which is used for receiving user payments and such).

Could someone explain what could be causing this kind of problem. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, -Aaron

EDIT

What I did to solve my problems was updating all of my gems to their current and latest version. Then when I ran bundle install --without production everything seemed to install perfectly fine after that.

asked Feb 18, 2016 at 5:48

beastlyCoder's user avatar

This error can come across due to various reasons, so it's not easy to tell what might have really caused, preventing you from bundle install, so try the following fixes, if not worked please give more details on errors that appears :) If the error was because of missing gmkdir, then run the following command:

                  brew install coreutils                                  

If the error was due to missing C++ headers related then run the bellow command:

                  yum install gcc-c++                                  

Also have a look at the developer's home page given below to check you meet all dependencies required:

unf_ext 0.0.7.2 : Unicode Normalization Form support library for CRuby

answered Feb 20, 2016 at 7:19

Praveen George's user avatar

5

After updating to Mojave MacOS version, the ruby 'lost' the reference.

To solve

$ rvm list

In my case, the version listed was:

ruby-2.5.1 [ x86_64 ]

$ rvm use ruby-2.5.1 to change to 'current' version used

$ rvm list again to see the current version

=> ruby-2.5.1 [ x86_64 ]

After that everything are okay running bundle install or bundle update or gem install or gem update

answered Sep 25, 2018 at 15:40

Ronaldo Albertini's user avatar

1

I just have the same problem when i try to install vagrant plugin, you need to install ruby-devel before. Hope this help you.

answered Feb 19, 2016 at 17:48

AnTSaSk's user avatar

1

I ran into this deploying to a remote box. As suggested in comments, I was able to fix it by opening a console session on the affected box and running:

                gem update rails gem install unf_ext -v '0.0.7.2'                              

And I was then able to deploy successfully.

answered Apr 5, 2016 at 0:13

Kimball's user avatar

I resolved this issue by upgrading bundler. Simply run:

                gem install bundler                              

which fetches the latest bundler. Then, try running:

                bundle install                              

Iulian Onofrei's user avatar

answered Aug 9, 2017 at 16:27

Anji's user avatar

I got same problem. It happens after I upgrading my macOS to newer version. Somehows, upgrading mess up /usr/local/include. So that I removed it and run install. It worked

                sudo mv /usr/local/include/ /usr/local/include.delete_me                              

answered Sep 28, 2018 at 2:05

Phan Hai Quang's user avatar

I was having the exact same issue trying to install this specific gem and version as well. Turns out my VPS would run out of RAM while compiling and quit. I just killed off a few processes I could live without for a few minutes and it worked...

answered Dec 21, 2016 at 17:20

penner's user avatar

I solved this issue by running

sudo xcodebuild -license

answered Oct 18, 2017 at 18:21

Diego Suarez's user avatar

1

Similar to the comment of Luke, xcode-select did the job for me. But instead of switching it to a different location, I just reverted the selected version to default, although I cannot remember to ever have changed it.

                sudo xcode-select -r                              

After that bundle install and bundle update worked fine for me again.

answered Jan 5, 2021 at 11:56

radius's user avatar

I was working with docker and docker compose. similar issue arised to me. I deleted the image, removed all associated containers with the application and rebuilt the image with docker build . created the container with docker-compose up inside the working directory and it started working. this solution is specific to those using docker and docker-compose. Hope it helps someone. I am still not sure about the reason why is this happening.

GemNotFound: Could not find unf_ext-0.0.7.7 in any of the sources

answered Apr 3, 2021 at 3:31

Parikshit Singh's user avatar

this can be solved installing ruby-dev and then gem install unf_ext -v 0.0.7.2

answered Jan 8 at 17:04

rüff0's user avatar

I ran into this issue getting

                                  Installing unf_ext 0.0.8 with native extensions Gem::Ext::BuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.      current directory: /Users/jfn0296/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.0.0/gems/unf_ext-0.0.8/ext/unf_ext /Users/jfn0296/.rvm/rubies/ruby-3.0.0/bin/ruby -I /Users/jfn0296/.rvm/rubies/ruby-3.0.0/lib/ruby/3.0.0 -r ./siteconf20220120-59736-elnfu0.rb extconf.rb checking for -lstdc++... yes creating Makefile  current directory: /Users/jfn0296/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.0.0/gems/unf_ext-0.0.8/ext/unf_ext make "DESTDIR=" clean  current directory: /Users/jfn0296/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.0.0/gems/unf_ext-0.0.8/ext/unf_ext make "DESTDIR=" compiling unf.cc make: *** [unf.o] Error 1  make failed, exit code 2                              

After trying many of these listed, using rvm I uninstalled and reinstalled my ruby-3.0.0 and tried bundling again and this time it worked. Did not see a solution like that here so I thought I'd share.

answered Jan 20 at 22:23

Jack's user avatar